PACIFIC ASSISTANCE GROUP is a team of highly trained and dedicated therapists with many years of experience treating impaired physicians, dentists, veterinarians and other health care professionals who have developed problems with alcohol, drugs, substance abuse, addiction and mental illness. With the close of the Medical Board Diversion Program on June 30, 2008, the available monitoring and support services throughout California were severely impacted.
We have been proud to offer our services to qualifying health care professionals and their licensing boards, employers or hospitals. We are able to provide a broad spectrum of services, including consultation, support groups, comprehensive alcohol and drug monitoring services and referrals for comprehensive treatment and fitness for duty evaluations. No organization in California offers more experience than PAG. We have provided assistance to more doctors than any other organization and we consistently receive high praise for the rehabilitation and monitoring services we provide.
Agreements are individually tailored. Our monitoring and support services include:
- Frequent phone, email and/or on-site contacts
- Regular face-to-face contact
- Professionally facilitated Health Professional Support Groups
- Drug screening and testing provided by independent labs in a convenient, sensitive manner
- Documentation and reporting to concerned entities with consent
- Aftercare and Relapse Prevention services available in some areas
- At Pacific Assistance Group we know what works and what doesn’t. If you are a health care professional in recovery, we are uniquely able to assist you. If you are concerned about a health
- care professional who has become addicted, disruptive or depressed, we may be the answer to your question, “What can we do to help?”
We offer the most comprehensive and experienced physician rehabilitation and monitoring program available in California.